Saturday, May 9, 2015

The Saturday Picture Show, May 9, 2015

"So let's see...there's a fire pit area below the ocean observatory, a gazebo, a deck with ocean front view, a hot tub, and a staircase to the ocean."  
"What, no pool??"
I revere this man more than most people do, I know, but at 89, he's still Jerry Lewis, and that's enough.  In case you missed it, the MDA Telethon, the people who fired him a couple of years ago in a most unkind fashion, have cancelled their Labor Day weekend show.
Nature is a wonderful thing.  Here are some birds waiting for their breakfast.
Kanye West and his callipygian wife Kim (cal·li·pyg·i·an ˌkaləˈpijēən/ adjective: having well-shaped buttocks) are shown here, just a couple of birds waiting for their table at a sushi place.  You can tell he's not used to waiting for a table, while she is always more than ready to hoist her breasts up for a maximum display.
I happen to believe that the USA landed a man on the moon in 1969 and again later, although there are still people who don't think it really happened, and feel that the entire thing was a Disney creation.  Uh huh.  Well, a lot of people don't believe that Andy Kaufman really died 31 years ago next week (5/16/84), preferring to figure that Andy faked his own death as a stunt. REM sang,       "If you believed they put a man on the moon (man on the moon)
If you believe there's nothing up his sleeve, then nothing is cool." But I believe it's foolish to unbelieve.
Classic Album Cover of the Week goes to The Byrds for this groundbreaker from 1968.  I remember hearing it on the local country station while on the way downtown to get my senior picture taken, and the DJ was saying it was real country music by 
a rock 'n' roll band, which it was, and is. The marriage of country and rock was a wedding I was happy to attend.
This building was the old county jail in my hometown of Towson, MD.  They say that in the 19th Century, the sheriff scheduled hangings for Saturday afternoons so that families could come to town that day, get their supplies, get a haircut, and get some dinner after a picnic lunch on the lawn overlooking the jail...while they sat and watched some horse thief or murderer swing from a rope.
I am going to miss David Letterman (seen here with Emma Watson of 'Harry Potter" and just-being-glamorous fame) quite a lot when he signs off on May 20.  I don't care for Fallon or Kimmel any more, and Colbert, although I will give his show a shot, never gets to me as he does many others.  If it were up to me, we'd be getting ready for "Late Night with Norm Macdonald," so now you know why it's NOT up to me!

No comments: