Saturday, February 7, 2015

The Saturday Picture Show, February 7, 2015

One would hope that there were plans to encircle this property with a fence. Otherwise, it's a grand example of the Honor System at work.  This picture was shared by longtime Picture Show aficionado John David Gross!
Sometimes a book is just so good that you can't tear yourself away from it.
"I got the pizza T-shirt, pizza leggings, pizza Chucks...so I'm ready to go out and get looked at."  No matter how you slice it...
I don't know what they're building atop this mountain and I don't really need to know.  But they need a big truck to do it...
This is a sign graveyard for old signs of defunct businesses. Sad to see.
There's an Australian folk song..."Kookaburra sits in the old gum tree, merry merry king of the bush is he..."  Well, here he is now!
I'm pretty sure I saw this sign in the library when I was a kid, but I didn't need encouragement from an owl to read!
I was listening to an old Jean Shepherd radio show in which the radio raconteur discussed John Dillinger folklore at length.  His point was that even though Dillinger was a cold-blooded killer, and robber, and all-around bad guy, he carefully built up a public image that made him seem a hero of sorts.  Odd.  And Shep also said that Dillinger was jailed as a youth for a relatively minor offense, and sent to a low-security penal camp.  But when he proved to be a great baseball player at the camp, prison officials wanted him for the prison team, so he moved up to hard time in the big house, thereby cementing his anti-social attitude.

No comments: