Thursday, February 12, 2015

Poems! Get Your Poems Right Here!

Nipsey
I am not so much a fan of poems that do not rhyme.  Too many people turn in poorly punctuated essays and call them poems, to my mind. I mean, it takes a certain way with words to make a rhyme such as this, from the noted poet/philosopher Nipsey Russell:
"The bee is such a busy soul,
he has no time for birth control.
That is why in times like these,
there are so many sons of bees."
From the pen of a lesser poet might have come these words to express the same thought:

I wonder why that
 bee
 seems so busy.  He is the result of an
 unsanctified congress
 yet he proliferates
 with no regard as to the outcome.

 (In the spirit and style of Billy Collins)

However, with Valentine's Day (in Baltimore, Valentime's Day) fast approaching, here's a way for those who can't toss off a snappy quatrain in mere minutes to compose a poem to tell Elsie May or Earl Lee just how they feel.

The good folks at ProFlowers.Com have installed a poetry generator on their website. All one needs to do is plug in a few key nouns, adjectives and verbs, and let the Love Univac go to work.  

I threw in some random words and here is what I got:



Love You Always

In summertime, our love is Beautiful, like Roses floating in the breeze.
In wintertime, our love is warm — it smiles from eyes to toes.

If skies are blue, our love is loving — two people hugging in the sun.
If thunder rolls our love is loved, a refuge from the smiling rain.

When spring flowers bloom, our love is bold, like pink petals on the daisies.
When autumn leaves fall, our love is copper, shining bright like a harvest walk.

From Valentine's Day till Thanksgiving our love will continue to love. 
From season to season I love you always! My one, my only, my Honey.


This falls somewhere between "You got a pair of lips just like potato chips" and "Shall I compare thee to a summer's day" in quality, but for the price, it ain't bad. Go ahead and get a poem for your beloved. I'll never tell!






















 
 










No comments: